ABOUT COCIN ACADEMY
Accelerated Christian Education
It is a Christian, progress-motivated individualized curriculum. The children work on bite-size pieces of curriculum called PACE’S which stands for Packet of Accelerated Christian Education. These colorful workbooks are designed to encourage learning and understanding and develop mastery learning. If as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, you believe that the Bible is the creator’s reliable and trustworthy handbook to the whole of life, then you will be glad to hear that the ACE curriculum is written from the literate Bible creation base.
Accelerated Christian Education Curriculum is an academically, excellent individualized Christian education program which has been used by thousands of schools and churches all over the world for more than 30 years.
Accelerated Christian Education pioneered a curriculum that assures educators of educational quality:
- A foundation of Biblical principles found in Scripture.
- A program incorporating Godly wisdom and character-building content.
- A solid, back-to-basics education.
- Individualization to meet specific learning needs and capabilities.
From its beginning, Accelerated Christian Education has maintained these objectives. One result is that students score significantly higher than their peers on standardized achievement tests.
Accelerated Christian Education has emerged as a world-class leader in a revolutionary back-to-God movement in education. A.C.E. was the first to develop a self-instructional curriculum that spans 12 grades and integrates Biblical truths and character values throughout. Students learn to take responsibility for their own learning and to walk in wisdom.
Whether the student is a high-achiever, an under-achiever, or a moderately paced learner, the A.C.E. educational process begins at his ability level. Individualization makes it possible for each student to master the subject matter at hand before moving on. Such mastery is the foundation upon which all future learning is built. Individualization produces academic excellence.
The A.C.E. program is an extraordinary educational tool. Students are prepared for tomorrow’s world while learning traditional moral values for today.
Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E) curriculum is built on five basic laws of learning:
- Students must be placed at the academic level in each subject where they can perform.
- Reasonable goals must be set each school day.
- Students must be controlled and motivated.
- Learning must be measurable.
- Learning must be rewarded.
Vision: Training children through total education which is only found in Christ Jesus. It is life that begets life. A holistic education, one child at a time for Christ.
Mission Statement: The school seeks to build lives on the solid rock, Christ Jesus our LORD. To be involved in true Christian Education for children, meeting their spiritual, social, mental and physical needs
- Graders: Lower basic which includes grades 1, 2 and 3, Middle Basic which includes grades 4, 5 and 6, and Upper Basic which includes grades 7, 8 and 9 (Junior Secondary School).
- Learning to Read (With Ace and Christi): ABCs with Ace and Christi is an excellent thirteen-week, learning-to-read phonics program for students who test “ready to learn to read.” It is a well-organized program that uses animal stories to reinforce all the alphabet sounds. It also reviews alphabet sequencing and word relationships. Scripture passages support the phonics lessons, and stories illustrate Christian character traits. This program also utilizes various activities to help develop physical skills, small motor skills, and visual discrimination. ABCs with Ace and Christi provides students with all the tools needed to begin reading and to move into the individualized instruction of the first level A.C.E. PACE curriculum. While completing the program, students are also introduced to numbers and simple math skills.
- Reading Readiness: Students who test “not ready to learn to read” will enjoy and benefit from this program as they learn to identify letters of the alphabet and to recognize numbers. Animal pictures, activities, and full-color pictures introduce social skills, the wonders of God’s world, and the reality of God’s love. Visualized instructions allow students to take the initiative in the learning process and to become independent learners. Since this program incorporates specific activities to develop sequencing and phonetic skills, promotes auditory processing, and improves eye-hand coordination and visual perception, many students are easily reading lower-level books. While the program is specifically designed for 5-year-olds, it is easily adapted to 3- and 4-year-olds.
- Creche (aka Prekindergarten): Children within the ages of 2 to 4 years can’t wait to join us.
- Day Care: Busy with your daily schedules and you need someone to care for your baby while you are at work? Search no more. Check out our Day Care facilities. We have standard Dare-Care facilities as well as Christian care givers. No doubt, your baby will definitely be safe in our hands.
- Spiritual Nurturing: COCIN Academy runs an educational program that disciple’s child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Children are led individual to a personal knowledge of the Lord and are disciple to have a good relationship with the Lord. They are nurtured spiritually for Christ in order that they may become all that God wants them to be for the Kingdom, fully realizing their potentials in Christ
- Weekly Character Traits: True education is character building. This is the bedrock of learning. Education without character will only bring chaos. Therefore, through the ACE program, COCIN Academy instructs and nurture children in 60 ideal character traits of our Lord Jesus Christ
- Annual Nigerian Students’ Convention: This is an annual event when pupils from ACE schools all over the country converge to
- Merit Shopping: Motivation is an essential concept to diligence and academic achievements. We motivate our pupils by giving them merits when they do well in character as well as in academic progress. These merits enables them to shop for items as the school organizes merit shopping on items kids love so much. So exciting!!!
- Birthday: Birthdays don’t just pass away without cheering up the kids for adding years and height and giving glory to God. Each learning center has a birthday bulletin board capturing the pictures and birthdays of the pupils in the learning centers. The kids look forward to their birthdays. Of course, COCIN Academy knows how to make it special and beautiful for the kids.
- Excursions: Excursions and privilege outings are part of our motivational and education strategy in building pupils who can relate their classroom experiences to the outside world.
- Clubs: Club activities are one way of realizing the potential of pupils other than curriculum spectrum of work. Clubs like Press Club, Literary and Debating Club, Drama Club, Music Club and Kingdom Arrows Club are avenues for extracurricular development.
- Sport: Education must also include the motor-skills. The gains of physical health in relation to academic achievement cannot be overemphasized. Sport activities such as soccer, table tennis, sprint and athletics etc are adequately harnessed. Pupils are distributed according to ‘house’ have do have competent house-masters to man the sporting activities.
Philosophy: Reaching the world for Christ, one child at a time
Team of Staff: COCIN Academy has a team of staff members who are passionate about children training and nurturing. They are committed to raising the pupils in Christian character and academic prowess